Sunday, May 30

The heat is on...

I wanted more time to get the outside stuff done before it arrived. We did finish the little garden bed and the plants are all happy.

I have once again pulled everything out of one of the rooms that I shoot my shop photos and store all my pretties. I am redoing the backdrop, lighting and displays. I know, I know...this will be the charm. I have to believe that!

If you haven't read Alterityart's photography tips...She has the best shop pictures!

http://alterityart.blogspot.com/search/label/photography

I am reading her posts again and more about sites about cameras, lighting...I am doing something wrong. My chokers don't look detailed at all in my current photos. I hand bead black on black (that has been so hard to get it right. I have two cameras and it seems that when I change the settings and think it will solve it my problems :( (how can they look worse!) I have a Fuji S700 and an Olympus C5050. I can take decent outside photos, but my product photos....well, suck! I have ordered a 10x macro to add to the existing macro. I have dragged out the light box again. I will not give up....I might drive myself crazy (that is not a far trip! lol)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous31 May, 2010

    Don't give up on the pictures...it takes lots of time and patience! You would never believe me if I told you how many times I had to reshoot things...heck, I'm still doing it! And then all of the sudden, one day, it will click and you will get the photography you want :) Just keep telling yourself when you are experimenting with different things: I want this picture to look so good the people will want to reach out and touch it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want people to reach out too! thanks for the link...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your comments Alterity...I am pretty stubborn! I am determined to make the camera see what my eyes do. Some items are harder than others. Some of the Mini hats come out messy and strange at the same angles.

    Story,
    I hope you enjoy her tutorial. I have read it a few times (I will soon see if I can put it into practice). I have to put all the lights back up before I can test it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel ya. I'm trying to do better with my new camera's macro. I made a little light box with 3 pieces of paper that works pretty well. You can check it out on my blog.

    ReplyDelete