Thursday, September 11

fans on closeout......

These battery powered fans are on sale at Walmart (My local store has reduced them down to $11.00).  End of Seasonal Closeouts...I guess they will reduce the price until they are sold out.  
The fans take 8 D batteries (and come with a power cord too) and it is so much stronger than the personal sized ones....It is great for the car and for camping, too.
I keep several in my "without power" kit.
You can tell by my stash (tarps, rope, bungees, batteries, flashlights, tape, water, canned goods-opener & battery powered Radio, TV, DVD player, tools...etc.) that I have been through a few storms by the things that I always have on hand at all times....Oh, some snicker & call me silly...But, they are the first to ask..."where did you find that"????

5 comments:

  1. oh you have to get those wind-up powered flashlight and radio. They are the coolest things. the never need batteries, and to charge them you turn a handle.

    That's what we have in our just "in case" pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rock:
    I have one of those, too. It does not hold it's charge quite as long as it did when it was new. I also have a cute little led crank flashlight...solar is next!
    My hubby said when he read the post "did you tell them about the dc-car coffee pot"?. I forgot about that one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! These fans are very useful in a chicken show pen. You keep the birds cool, while not using a cord. I didn't know they were on sale! Thanks for this post, these are very useful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DC Car Coffee Pot!!! You all must be desperate for your coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not think about using the fans for show animals...Great idea Kathy!

    RockCreek:
    In addition to coffee...It boils water (for tea, cocoa, instant soup, creamed potatoes, flavored instant rice...etc). On a nippy day running errands...the water is heating up and it is ready to go in no time. I bribe the hubby with a snack on shopping trips! lol

    ReplyDelete