Wednesday, August 27

Faked Moon Landing?

It looks like a great episode tonight of MYTHBUSTERS
(check out the sneak preview)
NASA Moon Landing

On this episode of MythBusters, the team tackles the tallest tale of all in Moon Landing Hoax Hour. Did NASA pull off the greatest cover-up in human history?


I have read several of the websites devoted to this subject. They make some valid points...But, since I grew up in that decade...Watching the ONE television in the home, two to three channels, pre-dish -rabbit eared antennae...I watched that landing live! Nasa would not trick me..or would they???

Anyway, the show looks interesting....I will not give up my warm childhood cocoon where I keep my hulla hoop, records, autograph book, teen magazines, go-go boots world that easily.

4 comments:

  1. I'm excited about this one. The results should be very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I missed it cos hubby was watching the news (yuk)....do you think it would be a spoiler to post what they decided? I love mythbusters~ any show that makes science cool, Im there;-)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a link to the episode guide.
    http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mythbusters/episode/episode.html
    I am not sure if the site has full episodes or not. I am sure they will replay it. It was really interesting.
    Some of the Highlights:
    -The astronaut standing in the shadow of the moon lander (Light sources-one or more--reflective moon dust)
    -Footprint in moon surface too deep without moisture. (simulated moon dirt-They used a vacuum chamber and a boot)
    -Slowed footage of walking on the moon? (they used a rocket and recreated the exact movements-slowed footage did not match).
    (This is a simplistic explanation of the show..I hope you get to see it when they rerun it).
    (Spoiler alert..All Busted)
    There is a one of a kind man-made reflector left on the moon--that a high powered laser in NM can bounce a beam off of.
    Love that show!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this topic. I have watched many hours of NOVA, and the Discovery Channel. The history channel even has some opinions. I have decided long ago that we never landed on the moon. Probably one of the biggest reasons why, is we never went back! We never see video of even recent missions outside the shuttles. Where is the Russian videos or their moon landings? You would think that they would also want to accomplish this feat! However no one attempts this great feat again!!! I think about the large rockets and power to defy our gravity to reach the moon, yet the aluminum foil craft just lifted off and journeyed home. GRRRR... now I want to go on your tube to see what else I haven't considered! Thank goodness tomorrow is Monday, and a holiday!

    ReplyDelete